Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Typhoon Ondoy and Its Aftermath

Our country is still facing the devastation caused by Typhoon Ondoy. According to the experts, this has been the strongest typhoon to hit the country in 40 years.

I was at home when the typhoon hit the country. Though a lot of the cities were flooded, thankfully our subdivision was not. I was still scared though because hubby went to Tagaytay for a convention on Friday and was supposed to come home that Saturday. Eventually, their bosses decided to just make them stay at the hotel for another day rather than risk travelling home. I was alone at the house with our dog and when I turned on the TV, I found out that a lot of people were already being evacuated and a lot more are still waiting to be rescued. Suddenly, I stopped worrying about me being alone at the house where I'm perfectly safe. There are other people who are going through the most difficult times of their lives at that exact moment. I just prayed that the rain will stop and that they can be rescued soon.

Let's all take the time to pray for those who lost their families and properties in that typhoon. This is the time when we must do everything we can to reach out and help our fellow Filipinos.

No comments: